venerdì 20 settembre 2013

Bologna' Children Bookfair 2013




My visit to the Children's Book Fair lasted two days . I wanted to get the best of it and I made  a few hundred photos! 
I made my best to see  most of the stands and keep memory of the beautiful books I saw.








A page from another book by the same author


Other books I liked








I really loved this book where the author  explained plays on words with the help of animals














 So nice this book  by Bruno Heitz










 I found my favourite authors signing books. Here is Fabian Negrin at Orecchio Acerbo


 And here is Lorenzo Mattotti: I bought one of his books and  you can see him signing it! (things only artists love....)


The illustrators' exhibition had a nice arrangement, and


 soldiers almost attacked my trolley!!!

The BOP Prize (best juvenile literature publishers  ) this year went among others to the indian Tara Books. 
 My favourite were this  book  entitled "Waterlife"








and this wonderful  "Drawing from the City", by artist Teju Behan,

 








I could not leave without visiting the beautiful exhibition  "OLTREMAI"  by Lorenzo Mattotti , at the Pinacoteca , which was opening on that monday.
Powerful and mighty 70 x 100 cm. works on paper all black and white . You can also visit the exhibition on You Tube (it is not the same feeling, but you still have idea of the power of this great author.






























2 commenti:

  1. Thank you for more photographs! Especially Mattotti's exhibition. You are very very lucky to have seen Oltremai. I hope to see it once in my lifetime. Yes, I have already seen it on Youtube. It is sensational.
    I also like the strange and beautiful drawings of Ye-Eun Jang. Once again thanks a lot for more pictures from the book. It is very kind of you :)

    RispondiElimina
    Risposte
    1. Dear Priya, Mattotti is a very nice person. He was at the fair at the stand of his books' publisher Logos, and at the opening of his exhibition, to sign books.
      Oltremai Catalogue was too expensive to buy, 100 euro! I bought "Venezia, Scavando nell'Acqua" (Digging in the Water of Venice), much more affordable (35 euros), and gorgeous.
      He did a beautiful drawing on my copy, in just a few minutes! I shall keep it as a lucky charm!
      I must thank you for sharing your experience on your blog, which is one of my favourite windows on the world.

      Elimina